“Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.
Keep your words positive because your words become your behaviour.
Keep your behaviour positive because your behaviour becomes your habits.
Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.
Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.”
Positive thoughts have a strong impact on your actions and outcome
Keeping your thoughts positive may prove to be a difficult feat, but it is achievable. Although falling victim to negative thoughts is much easier than trying to keep your thoughts positive, it is just as well to remember that positive thoughts affect your actions in a good way. When you are feeling positive, your mood remains in high spirits and it feels as if everything around you is working out well and in your favour.
You may even have become good at keeping positive most of the time at least. But no matter what you do or where you go, chances are you will be surrounded by negative images and negative people. These adverse influences do have an impact on the way that you think. You can choose to focus on the impact of goodness that other people have on you or the negative influence. It is your choice entirely.
Your mind is easily drawn towards whatever image or thought it may be presented with. So if you focus on something negative, it becomes a spiral which can bring you down and keep you down if you do not make a conscious effort to pull yourself out of the negative hole your mind digs for you.
It is your responsibility to realise that you do not have to allow these negative messages into your life. You can choose to refocus your mind on something positive and reaffirming your confidence instead of remaining miserable and annoyed about something you have no control over.
To keep your thoughts positive try the following:
- Repeat positive affirmations on a regular basis so that this sets the target for you to meet.
- Help and be kind to other people – this will allow you to escape your own negative bubble.
- Leave the environment – go for a walk or find something else to do until your mood changes a little.
- Be grateful for what you have and count your blessings continuously – When you focus on your problems, it is easy to forget and appreciate the wonderful aspects of your life that others may lack but you possess.
- When you find yourself in a negative state, try to refocus on something you enjoy and you will find that your happiness spreads.
- Keep smiling – it is hard to feel negative emotions with intensity when you are physically mimicking the actions of a happy person. The smile will spread inward and warm your very soul until your mind focuses on being “happy.”
Positive thoughts reflect a positive attitude. You will be better at socialising and people will want to be with you instead of avoiding you.
You positive thoughts reflect on you as a person and you carry this positive aura around.