June is the sixth month of the year:
- According to the Roman calendar, June was originally the fourth month of the year and only had 29 days.
- June has 30 days, which came about when Julius Caesar reformed the Roman Calendar in 46 B.C.
- June is named after the Roman Goddess Juno (who incidentally, was married to Jupiter).
- Birthstones associated with June: Pearl, Alexandrite and Moonstone.
- June is well best known for Father’s Day.
- Flower associated with June is the Rose.
- Season: Summer
- Astrological Signs: Gemini (until 20th June) & Cancer (from 21st June)
Famous People born in June:
- 1st June 1926 – Marilyn Monroe – Actress
- 12th June 1929 – Anne Frank – Diary of Anne Frank
- 28th June 1712 – Jean-Jacques Rousseau – Philosopher
HOME | January Fun Facts | February Fun Facts | March Fun Facts | April Fun Facts | May Fun Facts | July Fun Facts | August Fun Facts | September Fun Facts | October Fun Facts | November Fun Facts | December Fun Facts | Links |
For All Articles on this Website: SITEMAP
Image Source: Pearl: www.josephlamsin.com/gemstones | Rose: total-wallpapers.com