Body image is all in the mind. So take a few moments to reflect on the image of your body within your own mind before reading the chart from yourtotalself.com
Reflecting on your body image positively
1. Appreciate all that your body can do.
2. Keep a top 10 list of things you like about yourself – things that aren’t related to how much you weigh or what you look like.
3. Remind yourself that “true beauty” is not simply skin-deep…Beauty is a state of mind, not a state of your body.
4. Look at yourself as a whole person…choose not to focus on specific body parts.
5. Surround yourself with positive people.
6. Shut down those voices in your head that tell you your body is not “right” or that you are a “bad” person.
7. Wear clothes that are comfortable and that make you feel good about your body.
8. Become a critical viewer of social and media messages.
9. Do something for yourself – something that lets your body know you appreciate it.
10. Use the time and energy that you might have spent worrying about food, calories, and your weight to do something to help others.