An extract from “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus” by John Gray from the male perspective:
The Hidden Reason He is Arguing
- “I don’t like it when she gets upset over the smallest things I do or don’t do. I feel criticized, rejected and unaccepted.”
- “I don’t like it when she starts telling me how I should do things. I don’t feel admired. Instead I feel like I am being treated like a child.”
- “I don’t like it when she blames me for her unhappiness. I don’t feel encourages to be her knight in shining armour.”
- “I don’t like it when she complains about how much she does or how unappreciated she feels. It makes me feel unappreciated for the things I do for her.”
- I don’t like it when she worries about everything that could go wrong. I don’t feel trusted.”
- “I don’t like it when she expects me to do things or talk when she wants me to. I don’t feel accepted or respected.”
- I”I don’t like it when she feels hurt by what I say. I feel mistrusted, misunderstood and pushed away.”
- “I don’t like when she expects me to read her mind. I can’t It makes me feel bad or inadequate.”
What He Needs Not to Argue
- He needs to feel accepted just the way he is. Instead he feels she is trying to improve him.
- He needs to feel admired. Instead he feels put down.
- He needs to feel encouraged. Instead he feels like giving up.
- He needs to feel appreciated. Instead he feels blamed, unacknowledged and powerless.
- He needs to feel trusted and appreciated for his contribution to her security. Instead he feels responsible for her anxiety.
- He needs to feel to accepted just the way he is. Instead he feels controlled or pressurized to talk and thus has nothing to say. It makes him feel that he can never satisfy her.
- He needs to feel accepted and trusted. Instead he feels rejected and unforgiven.
- He needs to feel approved of and accepted. Instead he feels like a failure.
HOME | Forgiveness Quotes | Rules for being Human |10 Ways to Love | Inspirational Words | Keep Your Thoughts Positive | Change Negative Thoughts into Positive Thoughts | Words To Live By | Overcoming Fear | A Reflection of Who You Are | 12 Steps to Self Care | Fear and Love Quote | Power of Thoughts | Emotions Chart | Emotional Maturity | Overcoming Self-Doubt | Please Listen Poem | SITEMAP |
The Two Wolves
An old grandfather said to his grandson, who came to him with anger at a friend who had done him an injustice… “Let me tell you a story.”
“I too at times, have felt great hate for those who have taken so much, with no sorrow for what they do. But hate wears you down, and does not hurt your enemy. It’s like taking poison and wishing your enemy would die. I have struggled with these feelings many times.”
“It is as if there are two wolves inside me. One is good and does no harm. He lives in harmony all around him and does not take offense when no offense was intended. He will only fight when it is right do so, and in the right way.”
“But…the other wolf…ah! The littlest thing will send him into a fit of temper. He fights everyone, all of the time, for no reason. He cannot think because his anger and hate are so great. It is helpless anger, for his anger will change nothing.”
“Sometimes it is hard to live with these two wolves inside me. For both of them try to dominant my spirit.”
The boy looked intently into his grandfather’s eyes and asked, “Which one wins grandfather?”
The grandfather smiled and quietly said, “The one I feed.”
Image Source: https://www.etsy.com
HOME | Forgiveness Quotes | Rules for being Human | 10 Ways to Love | Inspirational Words | Keep Your Thoughts Positive | Change Negative Thoughts into Positive Thoughts | Words To Live By | Overcoming Fear | A Reflection of Who You Are | 12 Steps to Self Care | Fear and Love Quote | Power of Thoughts | Emotions Chart | Emotional Maturity | Overcoming Self-Doubt | Please Listen Poem | SITEMAP |
September is like no other
It’s days change colour and weather
No other month can say quite the same
For every day, I can feel the change
It’s cool breezes start out warm,
Changing to cold throughout every storm
The leaves change and fall
As the Summer leaves and Autumn kisses us all
September maidens feel the change
Like the blue of the sky
Yet the colour so deep
Maidens fall throughout and watch
Each raindrop changing through colours so fast
Yet one streak remains the same
Of that wonderful sapphire rain.
September, unlike any other
Holds you tight, in any weather.
Changes come, no matter where you go
North and you’ll get stormy snow
South and feel the heat of summer coming
September does this, no matter what.
Change lives within, Nothing to stop
September is beautiful
And awesome all the same
It’s hope for the future and the change
Comes swiftly as we sweep away
The Summer ends and the Autumn begins
Change is all around
With one maiden leaving
And yet, another comes
Born into the world
Of wonderful September
The sapphire skies live on
Throughout this wonderful September
By Jessica Millsaps
Source: www.poemhunter.com | Image Source: www.b2bmarketing.
Monthly Poems: | January Poem | February Poem | March Poem | April Poem | | May Poem | June Poem | July Poem | August Poem |
Related Posts: September Fun Facts
HOME | Be My Valentine Poem | And Then There Was One | Words to Live By | What is Love? | A Reflection of Who You Are | A Glint of Light | Just One Poem | Now That I Know the Truth | Father’s Day Poem | People Will Never Forget How | SITEMAP |